Hormone Replacement Therapy
As we age, starting around the age of 40, the production of hormones begin to decline significantly and we now understand that this contributes to aging and the development of diseases of aging. Using hormone replacement therapy we can restore the optimal level of our hormones and thereby lowering the risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes, dementia, osteoporosis and cancer. Furthermore, restoring our hormones can improve our energy, libido, sense of well-being and mental sharpness.
Dr. Bandt has created balanced bioidentical hormone replacements that are dispensed at a compounding pharmacy. These hormones are formulated according to each patient’s individual needs and desires.
Bioidentical estrogen can be administered as a cream, patch or pellet. It does not increase the risk of breast cancer since it is balanced with natural progesterone.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis and fractures, vaginal dryness, urinary tract infections, abdominal obesity, fatigue and depression.
- Lowers cholesterol and increases HDL, the good cholesterol
- Improves energy, libido, weight loss, energy, sense of well-being and sagging skin
Bioidentical progesterone can be administered as a pill or pellet and balances estradiol.
- Protects against breast and uterine cancer
- Lowers the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease
- Improves mood, libido and promotes better sleep
- Improves PMS symptoms such as moodiness, irritability, bloating and headaches
- Prevents post-menopausal bleeding
DHEA can be administered as a pill or pellet. It is an antioxidant that improves immune function, brain function and lowers stress.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease and cancer
- Helps the body to make other essential hormones
- Reduces body fat and cholesterol and atherosclerosis
- Protects against diabetes and osteoporosis
- Lowers inflammation in diseases like lupus and chronic fatigue syndrome
Human Chorionic Gonadotroin (HCG)
Human Chorionic Gonadotroin (HCG) is used to help the body produce its own supply of testosterone and testicular function. Plus, it promotes weight loss.
Melatonin can be administered as a sustained release capsule and is a potent antioxidant.
- Lowers the risk of breast cancer
- Promotes sleep, better mood and immune function
- Lessens the signs of aging such as wrinkles and gray hair
- Decreases urinary frequency at night, migraine headaches, blood pressure and jet lag
- Extends expected lifespan
Oxytocin is known for contributing to social bonding between a mother and child and between partners. It also improves sexual function libido and sensitivity in men and in women.
Testosterone can be administered in a cream, pellet or injection and benefits men as well as women if given in a small dosage.
- Lowers the risk of heart attack, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis and fractures, abdominal obesity, fatigue, depression, skin thinning and sagging
- Lowers total cholesterol and raises HDL cholesterol, the good cholesterol
- Improves muscle mass and strength, recovery after exercise, weight loss
- Improves energy and libido
- Improves menopausal symptoms in women
- Improves mental sharpness, sense of well-being and lengthens lifespan
Thyroid hormone promotes normal metabolic, brain and heart function.
- Promotes energy, improves memory and weight loss
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Lowers the risk diastolic blood pressure, total cholesterol, heart disease, atherosclerosis and the risk of breast cancer